What would you do if you really want to make a chicken dish but you don’t have much time nor skill?
Well, you have a few options – bake it, roast it or just sear it. Among all of these, seared chicken is definitely among the simplest. After all, you just have to sub some spices in the chicken, heat up some oil, and let put the chicken in the oil.
While seared chicken is among the simplest of many chicken recipes, it is also among the best. Sometimes, simplicity is really the best – just like with seared chicken.
How simple is the recipe for Seared Chicken? Let’s take a look at its recipe to find out!
Ingredients for Seared Chicken
- Chicken: 400 Grams (skinless)
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon
- Pepper: 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin: 1 Teaspoon
- Mustard Oil:10 Milileters
- Coariander Leaves: 3/4 pieces
How to Make a Seared Chicken
The recipe to make Seared Chicken is really simple. All you have to do is rub in the spice and put the chicken in the oil. It really is as simple as it sounds.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Step 1: Rub in the Spices
– Put the Skinless Chicken on a bowl
– Rub in Salt, Pepper, and Cumin into the Chicken and massage it well
– Let it rest for 10 Minutes
Step 2: Sear the Chicken
– Heat up some mustard oil in a pan
– Sear the chicken for till it becomes golden brown in color
– Flip the chicken and repeat the process
Step 3: Garnish and Serve
– Remove the chicken from the pan
– Garnish with coriander leaves and serve immediately
Side note: This dish tastes best when served on a hot plate (a plate that has been warmed)
Additionally, if you want more flavor to the chicken, you can massage the spices into the chicken and let it rest overnight to let the spices seep into the meat of the chicken. Besides this, the recipe will remain the same.
Seared Chicken is a simple dish that is tasty, low in fat, and simple to make – perfect for those who want meat in their diet but don’t have much time to make complicated dishes.
Hope you found this helpful. If you have any suggestions for us, do let us know them down in the comments below. And as always, thank you for reading till the end.