Good things always come to those who Bake!
And indeed baking is one of those few pleasures of life where we can just set the timer and relax till the food is cooked. It doesn’t matter whether you are a vegetarian or a non-vegetarian, you will always find something to bake.
While we all know about baking bread and cakes, did you know that you can also bake a chicken? In fact, a baked chicken is one of the best recipes for chicken out there. It’s easy, doesn’t need many ingredients and once you set the timer, you can just let the oven do the cooking and relax.
Do you want to know how to make a Baked Chicken?
Of course, you do!
So let’s get started with the ingredients, shall we?
Ingredients for Baked Chicken
- Chicken: 400 Gram
- Sugar: 1 Tablespoon
- Salt: 1 Teaspoon
- Pepper: 1 Teaspoon
- Mustard Oil/Sunflower Oil: 10 Milileter
- Lemon: 5 Slices
- Coariander Leaves: 3/4 Leaves
How to Make a Baked Chicken
The method of making a Baked Chicken is rather simple. You mix in the spices, marinate the chicken for a while, and put it into the oven. Then you can set the timer, set the temperature, and relax till the chicken is cooked.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Step 1: Marinate the Chicken
– Mix in Sugar, Salt, Pepper with the oil. (you can use mustard oil as well as sunflower oil for this)
– Put the chicken in the mix of spices and mix them well
– Let it rest for 10 Minutes
Step 2: Bake the Chicken
– Remove the excess spices from the Chicken
– Layout the Parchment paper on a baking tray
– Place the chicken on the tray
– Lay down the lemon slices around the chicken
– Bake the chicken until it is cooked
(Set the temperature at 165 Degree Celsius and timer for 25 minutes)
Step 3: Garnish and Serve
– Take the chicken out from the oven
– Let it rest for 5 Minutes
– Garnish with Coriander Leaves and Serve
So is this recipe simple for baked chicken or not? You just have to mix in the spices, set the temperature and timer. This is all that you need to do. For those who are wondering about sugar, the sugar adds a glaze to the surface of the chicken and adds a bit of a caramelized flavor to the chicken.
If you are among those who don’t have an oven to make a Baked chicken, you can check out some of our other recipes that don’t require an oven linked below.
Hope you found this helpful. If you have any suggestions for us, do let us known them down in the comments below. And as always, thank you for reading till the end.
Some other Chicken recipes: