3 Step Chicken Drumstick Recipe: A Deceptively Simple Dish
What is the best drumstick in the World?
A botanist, a musician, and me. We will have three different answers. But I am confident mine is going to be the best.
It’s Chicken Drumstick Obviously! This is a Delicious Dish that is deceptively simple.
We all think that the chicken drumstick recipe is a complicated one since it is one of the fancy dishes. But it is not. For those who don’t know what a chicken drumstick is, it is the whole fried/baked/Seared thigh of a chicken that is marinated in spices prepared whole.
To make this dish, all you need to do is grab some chicken thighs, remove the bones, marinate it and either sear or bake it. That is all there is to this recipe.
Now tell us, is it not simple?
That being said, do you want to know the complete chicken drumstick recipe? If your answer is “Yes!” then just let’s continue to the recipe. Before we begin the method of making this deceptively simple delish, let’s see the ingredients first.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for Chicken Drumstick
- Chicken Thigh: 4 Pices
- Light Soy Sauce: 20 Milileters (optional)
- Mustard Oil: 20 Milileters
- Garlic: 20 Grams (minced)
- Salt/ Black Salt: 2 Teaspoons
- Pepper: 2 Teaspoons
- Chilli Flakes: 2 Teaspoons
- Cumin: 2 Teaspoons
- Lemon Juice: 20 Milileters
Chicken Drumstick Recipe: Method of Making
As we mentioned before, all you need to do to prepare this dish is remove the bones, marinate and then sear or bake the chicken thighs. While it may take a while to learn how to debone the chicken thighs without damaging the meat, once you get the hang of it, the rest of the process is rather simple.
On a side note, it is a good idea to score the meat before marinating to let the spices seep into the meat.
Total Time: 1 hour
Step 1: Debone the Chicken
– Grab a Sharp Knife
– Locate the joints and stick your knife in it
– Separate the drumsticks from the rest of the thigh
– Separate the skin
– Trim the fat
– Locate the bone within the Drumstick
– Make a small incision along the sides
– Expose the Bones
– Pull them out
– Cut the end connecting the meat from the bones
Step 2: Marinate the Chicken
– Mix in Soy Sauce, oil, garlic, and lemon juice
– Season with salt, pepper, Chili, and Cumin
– Score the meat
– Coat the drumsticks
– Leave it to rest for 30 minutes
Step 3: Sear, or bake
– Heat up some oil in the pan
– Put the drumsticks in and sear till golden brown in color
– Keep the lid on
– Flip and repeat
– Grab some parchment paper
– Lay down the Chickens
– Heat up the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
– Put the Chicken in the Oven for 15 minutes
– Take the chicken out and flip
– Repeat the process
The hardest part of the Chicken Drumsticks recipe is deboning the thigh. After this is done, it is as simple as marinating the meat and then searing it or baking it. This recipe is simple and can be made by anyone as long as they are careful while deboning the chicken.
Be careful while using the knife and make sure that the knife is sharp enough. A dull knife is one of the most dangerous things in the kitchen as it may easily slip and injure you.
Hope you found this helpful. If you have suggestions for us, do let us know them down in the comments down below. And as always, thank you for reading till the end.