This year’s theme is “Hepatitis can’t wait”. Yes, Hepatitis can’t wait to harm us and we can’t wait to eradicate it as well. On this World Hepatitis Day, let’s answer 4 of the most Frequently asked about world Hepatitis day.
Table of Contents
1. What and Why is world Hepatitis day Celebrated?
World hepatitis day is celebrated on the 28th of July annually to enhance awareness about Hepatitis. It is an inflammation of the Liver that causes a wide range of health issues. As to why it is celebrated on the 28th of July, this is done so in order to acknowledge Dr. Baruch Blumberg – the one who developed the Hepatitis B virus in 1967 and developed the first Vaccine in 1969.
2. What is Hepatitis?
In basic terms, it is the inflammation of the liver. As the liver is one of the most important organs of the human body that process nutrients, filters out blood, and fights infections, we don’t need to say how much trouble you will get into once it gets inflamed.
3. What causes Hepatitis?
There are a few different reasons why hepatitis can be caused, two of the most common ones are:
- Ingestion of Alcohol and other toxins
- Autoimmune system response
4. What are the types of Hepatitis?
There are 5 major types of Hepatitis. They are:
- Hepatitis A: Caused by infection with Hepatitis A virus.
- Hepatitis B: Transmitted through contact with infectious body fluids containing Hepatitis B Virus
- Hepatitis C: Caused by infection from Hepatitis C virus transmitted through directed contact with infected body fluids
- Hepatitis D: Caused by the direct contact with the infected Blood containing Hepatitis D virus
- Hepatitis E: Water born caused by Hepatitis E virus, mainly found in areas with poor sanitation.
We hope this helped you. And as always, thank you for reading till the end. Happy World Hepatitis Day and as the theme for World Hepatitis Day 2021 says “Hepatitis can’t wait” so why should we wait to Eradicate them?
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy!