Acting is all about reacting. Anyone can be an actor. You wish to learn acting at home and you are a beginner so I think it’s enough to fulfill the first criteria of being an actor. Anyways, here are the few ways you can practice acting at home:
- Read: Reading helps you to enhance your imagination. Also reading loudly will help you to clear your diction, pronunciation, and voice.
- Listen more than watching videos: Audio listening makes you more creative and thoughtful rather than getting entertained with ready made videos where you don’t have to use your imaginations.
- A mirror should be your best friend: Always practice, act and rehearse. You can do monologues practice, act as some imaginative characters, etc.
- Self-observation: Observing your emotions, feelings, body language, expressions, and physics will help you a lot in acting.
- Observe people: Observing people will help you to create characters.
- Study the actors you admire: Learning from the experience actors will help you to avoid mistakes and make you a better actor.
- Record your act: Shoot your performance and watch repeatedly, which will improve your acting. Try to record the same phrase with different textures and styles.
- Be ready: This is out of the blue, but take care of your body. Go for walks. Go to the gym. Eat well. Acting roles can come out of the blue and you want to be ready and, frankly, look good, just in case!
- Watch Movies, Theaters or Series: Watch the performance of actors and repeat watching it again without the sound. That way you’ll pay more attention to the shot construction, how the actors are placed, reactions, etc.
- Imitate people: Imitating people will help you to improve your acting. It will improve your observation skills, body language, and voice (as a mimicry artist).
- Practice dialogue delivery: At last, try to learn dialogue delivery!