Moving Abroad is trending nowadays. Thousands of Nepalese go abroad for study, work, visit, and permanent settlement. They all do preparations accordingly because traveling abroad requires well- thought preparations.
Here are some things one should consider while Moving Abroad
Before Moving Abroad
- Choose The Country: Do good research before choosing a country. Find a country that is suitable for your purpose. If you want to study, look for a country that has tremendous facilities for the students. If you want to work, look for a county that pays a good salary and is well concerned about its employee’s safety. If you are going for a permanent settlement, know about its facilities and securities.
- Learn Some Basic language: When Moving Abroad t’s crucial to learn the language of the country you are traveling to if you are going there as a student or an employee. However, if you are going somewhere as a visitor then learning some basic phrases or words of greetings is enough.
- Learn Their Culture: How we treat someone in our country might offend them in their countries. Different countries have different cultures to greet and treat. It’s wise to learn some basic cultures.
- Learn About Traffic Rules: To avoid getting fined and being in accidents, you need to gather as much information as you can about the traffic rules of your destination country.
- Know the Climates of the country: Just because it’s summer in your country, it’s not necessary that the country you are traveling to will have the same climate. Learn the whole year’s climate of the country you are planning on traveling if you are staying there for a long period of time.
- Gather Documents: You need to carefully arrange your documents to apply for a visawhile Moving Abroad. Having a passport and your detailed itinerary is not enough for get a visa. You might need to obtain other documents like health certificates, police reports stating you are not involved in any crime, proof of funds,.etc
- Travel Light: the less baggage you have, the more comfortable journey you will have. It’s ideal to pack things you will need most to avoid making your baggage heavy. But, if you are going for a long time or for a permanent settlement, you may need to pack more.
- Documents: Don’t forget to pack the documents that prove the purpose of your travel. Carefully select your documents and keep them in a safe place to show them at the immigration desk.
- Know What You Can Take And What You Cannot: Some items are not allowed in some countries. You should be in the know about what you can take along with you and what you cannot. If you are taking essential medicines, don’t forget to pack a prescription paper from your doctor. If you have cutting items like a nail cutter or a swiss army knife, keep them in your luggage, not in your handbag.
- Foreign Currency: Try to get some amount of money in the country you are traveling to. American Dollar is widely accepted if you couldn’t find the very currency of the country you are trying to go to. Also, know the limitation of the foreign currency you can carry on you.
- Remember Details About Your Destination: If you are traveling abroad to work, remember the name of the full address of the place, Name of the organization you will be working for. If you are traveling as a visitor, remember the name and the address of the hotel or the place you will be staying in. If you are traveling as a student, remember the name and address of the college you will be studying in. Immigration officers in both countries might ask you questions about your traveling destination.
- Keep Accessories Handy: Keep your earphones, neck pillow, and water bottle near you. wear comfortable shoes. Keep your cell phone fully charged.
- Act Your Purpose: IF you are there as a tourist, go check into your hotel and begin your trip according to your itinerary. If you are there as a student, reach out to your campus and ask for their assistance if you are confused. If you are there as an employee, reach out to your supervisor to know about the further steps about your duty.
- Follow The Rules: You need to be a law-abiding person wherever you go. Try to learn the basic laws of the country you are in. Know what you can and cannot do in the country you are in. Things that you can do in one country can be banned in another country.
- Maintain A Good Attitude: You need to be amicable and helping. A friendly person is adored by everyone. Especially, when you are on an alien land, you need to maintain a good character if you want help from other people to understand the country and its laws and cultures.
Related Topic: How to apply to scholarships in US universities