4 Easy Steps to Unfreeze a TikTok account and some FAQ’s
The quality of the imagination is to flow and not to freeze.Ralph Waldo Emerson
At the same time, the quality of the TikTok account is to grow – not to freeze.
What? TikTok accounts can be frozen? What does it mean? How do you unfreeze a TikTok account?
Calm down, no one is going to physically freeze your TikTok account as it is physically impossible. Freezing a TikTok account is similar to shadowbanning on Instagram.
For those who don’t know what this means, it means that if your TikTok account is frozen, your videos and contents won’t be shown to a large number of masses and you won’t get as many views and hearts as you normally get.
More often, the creator won’t even know that their TikTok account is frozen. So before knowing how to unfreeze a TikTok account, you first have to know “how to know if a TikTok account is frozen” and “Why does a TikTok account freeze”
1. Why does a TikTok account Freeze?
This is the first information you should know before learning how to unfreeze a TikTok account. Learning how a TikTok account is frozen is a vital step as it will let you know the cause and think of possible solutions when you try to unfreeze a TikTok account.
You see, while TikTok may seem like it is a free place to share anything you want, there are some rules and regulations that you should follow if you want to gain followers. The following are some of the most common reasons why your TikTok account may be frozen.
- You post Duplicate content
- You are posting duplicate content by removing the watermark
- You used expressive names, symbols, logos, gestures, uniforms, portraits, and or other materials that represents dangerous individuals or organizations (or in simple words- don’t show gang signs, serial killers terrorist organizations, or Hitler in any form)
- You promoted illegal activities or drugs
- You showed graphic content (nudes/porn or gore. So basically NSFW contents)
2. How do you know when to unfreeze a TikTok account?
So now that you know why your account freezes, how do you know if your TikTok account is frozen? Well, the first thing is, you can’t – unless you go pro. Anyone can go pro till now.
To go pro on TikTok all you need to do is:
- Go to your TikTok profile page
- Click on Privacy
- Click on Settings Tab
- Click on “Join TikTok testers”
- Use a mobile number to confirm the application
- Follow the instructions
By doing these things, you can go pro on TikTok.
Now, once you have a professional or Pro account you can use the analytics to see the number of views. To access the analytics and know if it’s time to unfreeze a TikTok account you need to:
- Go to your TikTok account
- Click on analytics
- Click on Content
- Click any videos
- See the ratio under “for you”
If your view rate is less than usual, then your TikTok account is likely to be frozen and it’s time to unfreeze a TikTok account. This is the average rate of likes to views ratio on TikTok and if your like to view ratio is lower than the standard average amount, then your videos are likely to have been shadowbanned or not shown to everyone who follows you on TikTok.
3. How do you unfreeze a TikTok account?
Now we finally come to the core of this whole issue. Once you know that your TikTok account is frozen you would obviously want to unfreeze it. Having a frozen account will not only affect your views but if it remains frozen for a long period of time, you might even get banned.
So, if you are a regular TikTok user, then you need to unfreeze your TikTok account. But How? Just follow the steps below:
- Interact with other people – react and comment on other peoples videos
- Post original videos – the reason why your account is frozen is likely due to you posting someone else’s videos or throwing up some gang sign.
- Start Creating more videos while increasing your engagement
- Remove the troublesome videos once you recognize them
While doing all of these, be sure to keep an eye on the analytics and check the views at a regular interval.
If your account is not something that you are attached to or has relatively fewer followers, it is better to start fresh while directing whoever still sees your videos to your new account with a message or a video post.
In the case, you do make a new TikTok account, be sure to not do the same thing that got you frozen in the previous account.
The only way to unfreeze a TikTok account is to make the algorithm of the TikTok ignore the videos that got you frozen through the medium of engagement and original posts. Along with this deleting, those videos also help to some extent. But before you do this, you should know what got you frozen in the first place.
Hope you found this helpful. If you have any suggestions for us, do let us know them down in the comments below. And as always, thank you for reading till the end.
Since you have come to know “how to unfreeze a TikTok account” Why not check out some other articles about TikTok?