Mushroom Soup is one of those soups that is both classic and homely. Its creamy texture, subtle salty but savory flavor is just the perfect combination for the winter and cold. This is one of the most well-known and preferred comfort soups out there.
Sure you can have chicken soup and pork soup, but not everybody can eat them, especially vegans. Along with this, they also take a long time to make.
Mushroom Soup not only is easy and quick to make but can be eaten by everyone (except if you have allergies). So without any further delay, let’s look at its recipe, shall we?
Table of Contents
Ingredients for Mushroom Soup
- 90 Gram butter
- 2 Medium-sized onions (50 Grams)
- 1 Garlic clove
- 500 Gram mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoon plain flour
- 1 Liter hot chicken stock
- 1 Bay leaf
- 4 tablespoon single cream
- 10 Coriander (optional)
- 10 Gram Coriander
- Salt to taste
Note* if you do not have chicken stock, you can use plain water as well. This recipe is for 4 portions with 200 Milileter per serving
How to make a Mushroom Soup
To make a Mushroom soup, all you have to do is chop some mushrooms and boil them. It’s as simple as that. Although there are a few more steps to make the soup, the gist of the process is boiling the mushrooms along with the right ingredients and spices.
Total Time 30 minutes
Step 1 Pre-Boiling
– Heat the butter in a large saucepan and cook the onions and garlic until soft but not browned, about 8-10 mins.
– Add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat for another 3 mins until softened.
– Sprinkle over the flour and stir to combine
Step 2 Boil and simmer
– Pour in the Water or Chicken Stock
– Bring the mixture to the boil
– Add the bay leaf and simmer for another 10 mins.
– Remove and discard the bay leaf
– Add salt to taste
Step 3 Blend and Reheat
– Remove the mushroom mixture from the heat
– Blitz using a hand blender until smooth
– Reheat the soup and stir through the cream
Step 4 Garnish and Serve
– Garnish with chopped coriander
– Serve on a warm Bowl
Note* Blitz is the processing of food in an electric mixing machine.
Mushroom Soup is one of the best soups one can have while it is cold outside. This simple but delicious soup is something that is easy and quick to prepare as well. On top of that Mushrooms are not expensive when compared to other foods and a single kilo of mushrooms can serve the whole family of 8.
This soup is healthy, mild in taste can be found everywhere you go. One reminder is that if you are picking mushrooms yourself, be sure that you know what types of mushrooms are poisonous and what is not. A lot of mushrooms are poisonous.
For the city dwellers, know that mushrooms don’t have a long shelf life with an average shelf life of 7 to 10 days. So if you are making mushroom soup, don’t buy more than you need. It is better to buy more than to waste some.