This is one of the most iconic soups around the world. After all, when children get sick, chicken soup is one of the most common foods that is given to them.
It has warm flavors and is filled with nutrients which is rather good for those who are sick. It lets us taste foods when our taste buds don’t function well and help us recover.
A lot of you may be thinking we have to do a lot to make this soup. That is not the case at all. Although it is a bit tedious to debone every chicken part, after that, the rest of the process is rather simple and requires very little effort. While that is being said, a lot of you may be wondering what the recipe is so, let’s move on to the rather recipe now, shall we?
Ingredients for Chicken Soup
- 1.5 kg chicken
- 1.6 kg of carrot
- 100 grams of celery
- 400 grams of onion
- 800 milileter water/stock
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Note* this recipie is for 4 portion with 200 Milileters of soup per portion
How to make a Chicken Soup
To make a chicken soup, you first have to boil the chicken along with the bones and other ingredients to get the best of the flavor then remove the bones from the chicken and shred it before turning it into a soup.
While you can remove the bones before boiling the chicken, it will be a lot harder and is not recommended. Along with this, the nutrients and taste of the soup will decrease as boiling along with the bones will extract some of the taste as well as nutrients from the bone itself.
Total Time 45 minutes
Step 1 Prepare The Broth
– Put the chicken, carrots, celery, and onion in a large soup pot and cover with cold water.
– Heat and simmer, uncovered until the chicken meat falls off of the bones
– Skim off foam every now and then
Step 2 Clean the Broth
– Take everything out of the pot and strain the broth
– Pick the meat off of the bones
Step 3 Turn it into Soup
– Chop the carrots, celery and onion
– Season the broth with salt and pepper
– Return the chicken, carrots, celery and onion to the pot, stir together
Step 4 Garnish and Serve
– Chop some Coriander and sprinkle it over the soup
– Serve on a warm Bowl for best taste
On a side note, boiling chopped chicken bones in low heat for around 10 to 12 hours along with a combination of vegetables and spices (known as Mirepoix ) and then filtering the liquid is how a chicken stock is made. Chicken stock is recommended instead of water for most soups.
It is because the stock is healthier and tastier than plain water as it has the gentle taste of the ingredients along with all the nutrients as well. So this is the making a chicken soup opportunity to make some chicken stock as well.