The Facebook profile lock is essentially an advanced version of the profile picture lock the company had introduced a few years back, it gives the user greater control over who gets to see their profile. A blocked person’s profile will clearly display the message that the profile has been locked if it is clicked on by a stranger.
Do you have confusion on “How to lock Facebook profile”?
Let us take you through the easy steps and ideas to lock your profile .
If you wish to lock your profile, you can either do it from the mobile app or from your browser, however, it should be noted that the desktop version of Facebook does not have the option to lock your profile, but there is a workaround. Also, this feature is limited to the Android app.
Read on to find out how you can lock your Facebook profile.
Lock Facebook Profile via Mobile App
Step 1: Open the Facebook App on your device
Step 2: Go to your profile and tap on the ‘More’ option under your profile photo.
Step 3: Now clock on the ‘Lock profile’ option from the list of available options.
Step 4: The next page will give you a brief on how it works with an option to Lock your profile at the bottom, tap on it.
Step 5. You should see a pop-up that says ‘You Locked Your Profile’, tap on ok.
Lock Facebook Profile via Desktop
While there is no direct way to lock your app from the browser, there is a workaround that you can use if you do not have access to the mobile app:
- Head to https://www.facebook.com/
- Click on your profile icon in the URL, replace ‘www’ with ‘m’ so that the URL now reads ‘m.facebook.com/yourprofilename’ or directly visit https://m.facebook.com
- This will take you to a mobile version of Facebook on your desktop browser and you should see a three-dot menu next to the Edit profile option
- In the three-dot menu, you should see the Lock profile option, click on it.
- Just like the android version, this next page will show you how locking works, with an option to Lock Your Profile at the bottom. Click on it.
- Your profile is now locked.
IOS users can use the desktop workaround to lock their profiles or borrow an Android device and follow the above-mentioned steps.
If you want to unlock your Facebook profile, the steps are the same on both the mobile app and desktop. In place of the Lock profile option, you will now see an unlock profile option, tap on it, and hit unlock on the next screen.