(NTC) Nepal Telecom – Rastra ko sanchar
There is a big confusion about which one is better for Data packs between Ncell and NTC. However, both have their own perks and drawbacks. NTC is reliable and cheap but often becomes a bit too slow. Ncell is fast but is a bit unpredictable when it comes to reception and eats away at your data fast.
Before knowing about NTC data plans, do you know how to activate GPRS first?
Table of Contents
How to activate NTC GPRS
This was complicated back in the days but now, all you have to do is type VGPRS and send it to 1415.
Now you do have to remember a few niche ones for each mobile set but that shout should not be too hard. These ones are:
- GPRS for Nokia, LG, Motorola, and other Indian mobiles
- SAGPRS for Samsung mobiles
- GPRS for Sony Ericsson mobiles
- GPRS for Chinese mobiles like HTC and Xiaomi.
How can I get NTC data pack?
So you have GPRS now, and it’s time to buy the data plans. What do you do? Well, all you have to do is type *1415# and pick a data plan. The data plans are in sets and each set has a specific purpose.
1. Spring Data Pack
This is a seasonal data pack that gets updated every season and the name changes. Don’t get confused by the name as this is just a generic data pack. Anything that is on the top of the list with the name of any season, is a seasonal data pack that is basically the same every season. The price plans are as follows:
- 100 MB at Rs. 15 for 1 day
- 250 MB at Rs. 25 for 1 day
- 500 MB at Rs. 60 for 3 days
- 1.5 GB at Rs. 95 for 7 days
- 3 GB at Rs. 280 for 28 days
- 8 GB at Rs. 500 for 28 days
- 16 GB at Rs. 800 for 28 days
2. Social Media Data Pack
The name says it all. This set of data packs is meant for social butterflies. If you are on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter for a long time, you need this data pack as not every place has Wifi. Sorry Reddit users, this data plan does not cover Reddit for some reason – probably because it is used more like a form similar to 4chan. Also do note that the data packs purchased on this plan only work while using the mentioned social media. If you use your data for anything else, your balance will be reduced separately from the data plan. The price plan is as follows
- 200 MB at Rs. 15 for 1 day
- Large Social Media
- 4 GB all and 1 GB per day (Facebook and YouTube) at Rs. 180 for 7 days
- 10 GB for all-time data and 1 GB per day at Rs. 599 for 28 days
3. Unlimited Night Data Pack (11pm – 6am) for 1 night at Rs 20
This is basically a data pack for the night owls. If you work, study or enjoy at night rather than in the day or have friends abroad with whom you can talk only during the night, this is the data pack for you. You can do whatever you want between 11pm and 6am, no additional charge. On a side note, don’t do this too often as you need a good sleep schedule as well.
4. Voice Pack
Admittedly this is not a data pack and is rather a voice pack but it still counts. Anyways in this pack, you get voice call packs that charge less than NTC normally does but only within the NTC network. It is good if you have a lover or a family member with whom you talk for a long time with an NTC SIM card. The price plans for this one is as follows:
- 14 minutes at Rs. 12 per day
- 40 minutes at Rs. 25 per day
- 70 minutes at Rs. 40 for 3 days
- 190 minutes at Rs. 100 for 7 days
- 500 minutes at Rs. 250 for 28 days
- 1200 minutes at Rs. 500 for 35 days
5. 4G Data Pack
Admittedly it is a bit late to talk about 4G when 5G is on the horizon but regardless, there are still a ton of people who don’t have it. The reasons may vary, phones that don’t support 4G, network reach too bad for 4G, and such. This set of Data plan is for those who have 4G since it is rather faster and loads more data, hence consuming more data. The price plans for this one is as follows:
- 50 MB with 50 MB more at Rs. 5 per day
- 200 MB with 200 MB more at Rs. 25 per day
- 500 MB with 500 MB more at Rs. 100 for 7 days
- 2 GB with 2 GB more at Rs. 290 for 28 days
6. 1 GB Per Day
This pack is meant for those who want or need more data but are on a limited budget or for those who don’t want to limit their time on the web despite their need to. Admittedly this set of data packs can also be used by those whose wifi just broke down and they need to work for a day as well. The price plan for this set is as follows:
- 1 GB at Rs 25 per day
- 1 GB with 14 minutes voice calls per day at Rs 250 per 7 days
- 3 Gb with 14 minutes voice calls per day at Rs 649 for 28 days
7. International Voice Pack
For those who have friends or relatives abroad, this voice pack is meant for you. Now international calls are pretty expensive when compared to normal voice calls. So this service is quite handy. How although this is limited to India and China, it does provide quite a good service for those places. The price plans are as follows:
- 15 minutes at Rs. 35 per day
- 65 minutes at Rs. 150 for 7 days
- 215 minutes at Rs. 500 for 30 days
- 10 minutes at Rs. 35 per day
- 45 minutes at Rs. 150 for 7 days
- 165 minutes at Rs. 500 for 30 days
Additionally you can also advise roaming service in this set of data packs as well
If you need to do a ton of work on the internet or have a good online game but the internet goes out, then this is the data pack for you. You can use as much internet as you want, download whatever you want, and visit any site you want but for a limited time. Along with this, you get a nifty bonus as well. The price
- Unlimited voice, data, and SMS for 1 hour at Rs. 20
- Unlimited data for 2 hours at Rs. 30
9. Stay Connected
This data plan is for those who want to stay connected in different mediums but don’t necessarily need to. So this basically consists of medium sized data packages for a longer duration of time. The price plans for this is as follows:
- 1GB along with a bonus of 3 GB for 4G at Rs. 100 for 5 days
- 2GB along with a bonus of 8 GB for 4G at Rs. 200 for 7 days
10. Unlimited Facebook and YouTube
For all of those who don’t use anything besides Facebook and YouTube and spend an awful lot of time on those, this is the data plan for you. This is perfect for the lockdown days as a lot of people don’t have much if any work to do and Instagram die down along with Twitter. Alongside this, not a lot of people go on reading Reddit arguments for entertainment like one of our team members does to kill time. The price plan for this data set of data plans are as follows:
- For Facebook at Rs. 55 for 3 days
- For YouTube at Rs. 55 for 3 days
- For 1GB Facebook and YouTube addon at Rs. 15 for 3 days
11. Day Pack
If you have a day where you need to make a lot of calls, then it’s a very smart action to take a day pack. There are various options that you can choose from.
The data plans on NTC are quite good and are economic, to say the least. Although there is an issue of slow internet at times, it is connected – most of the time and hey, the weather doesn’t affect the usability of the internet a lot so it is always reliable. Although it can be a bit frustrating at times, the price and the data packs are quite good and for those who don’t use the internet much, this can even replace wifi.