8 Best Free Apps for Medical Students (Android & iOS)
Studying medicine is VERY difficult, to say the least. Med school can be very nerve-wracking and is bound to push you to your limits. But, using apps for medical students to streamline your courses and study more effectively can be a breath of fresh air among all the stress. To help you help yourself, we have gathered 8 best apps for medical students.
Table of Contents
1. Daily Rounds
This apps for medical students is a very resourceful tool that can be super helpful for medical students and even doctors. This app catalogs together up to date, real-life clinical situations that you can practice in. You can practice these scenarios, and also do MCQs to hone up your skills.
- Practice for several south Asian board exams
- Learn through real-life scenarios
- MCQs and other exercises
- 100% free, no in-app purchases
This apps for medical students is again, mostly used by real doctors, especially physicians. This app lets you keep up with all the latest medical discoveries, and updates you with new diseases and findings. Besides that, there is also a medical calculator and other courses
- Browse through medical news
- Find information on medicines
- Find courses related to medicine
- Offline access is also available.
- Treatment and diagnosis information for various diseases
This app can be used by medical and pharmacy students alike. This apps for medical students is geared towards providing information on drugs and brings medicine-related information from various sources right to your phone. On top of that, there is also medical research information that you can browse through.
- Find comprehensive information on medicines
- Identify meds by imprint code and other physical features
- Learn more about prescribing drugs
Prognosis is similar to Daily Rounds in that it implements real-life scenarios to deliver the app experience. You can browse through clinical scenarios and improve your ability to make informed medical decisions. There are also other practice materials to keep your skills on the check.
- Real-life scenarios to practice medical skills
- User experience is very immersive
- Credibility is assured by a team of specialists
- Extra practices to hone up your skills
5. Skyscape Medical library
This is a comprehensive resource center for all things related to medicine. You can find information on pills, information about diseases, and research materials are available. The app isn’t completely free but basic features like a clinical calculator and drug information are readily available.
- Clinical calculator
- Information on drugs
- Information on medical research
- Diagnostic resources
6. Diseases dictionary
Well, the name pretty much explains it all. This app is practically a dictionary for doctors. It provides information on a LOT of diseases and is periodically updated with recent medical research and findings. It’s absolutely amazing to just look up a disease you don’t knwo0 about.
- A detailed description of diseases
- Thesaurus and other reference materials
- Offline browsing is available
- Drug information is also available
7. Calculate by QxMD
This app is the king of credibility and is designed by only experts in the medical field. This app shows your current research on medicine and streamlines them so you can browse through them easily. There are also references and other support tools you can use to your advantage.
- Very credible and provides WHO certified research
- Browse through models for surgery and other procedures.
- Diagnosis and other medical information are also available
- Medical calculator.
No one likes bibliography, and medical students have enough on their hands to spend hours upon hours citing a paper. This app solves most of your problems and saves a lot of time. You can search through more than 24 million citations and use them for your own paper, making the job much easier for you.
- Search citations through keywords
- Search save queries for later
- Save citations that you think might come handy later
- Browse citations from life science journals and online books.
Medical students study a very niche area on which resources can be hard to find. These apps mostly focus on those resources so that your medical school can go at least a bit smoother. If you want general apps that students should have, browse this article too. You won’t regret it!
Related Topics: Top 10 Medical Colleges in Nepal For MBBS Course