In the 21st Century, an Electric Vehicle refers to a modernized vehicle that uses one or more electric motors for propulsion(the action of driving or pushing forward). Electric vehicles can be powered autonomously by a collector system with electricity from extravehicular sources or they can be powered autonomously by a battery(sometimes charged by solar panels or by converting fuel to electricity using fuels cells or a generator).
10 Things To Consider While Buying The Electric Vehicle
Electric vehicles are the future of mobility, and we all know how they can have a positive impact on our planet. Cleaner emissions mean less pollution, and less pollution means a greener environment. So, electric vehicles have a huge role to play, when it comes to eco-friendly transportation.
EVs are environment-friendly, but they are not pocket-friendly! Due to the complex electric drivetrain and expensive battery packs, electric vehicles are pricey when compared to their conventional counterparts.
2. Incentives And Tax Benefits:
The incentives and tax benefits offered by the government can reduce the overall cost of electric vehicles. So, make sure to check on the exact percentage of incentive and tax benefits you get, if you purchase an eco-friendly vehicle.
3. Software Updates:
EVs are equipped with complex powertrain and advanced technology, and the manufacturers often improve the electric vehicles with the latest technology via rolling out software updates. So, make sure that you get regular software upgrades after buying an EV.
4. Battery Life:
A battery pack is one of the most important components of an electric vehicle. At the same time, the battery is also one of the most expensive parts of the EV. Replacing a battery pack of the electric vehicle can burn a hole in your pocket. So, always check the battery life before investing in an eco-friendly car. The longer the battery life, the lower the maintenance cost.
5. Cost of Car Insurance:
The cost of insuring an EV is on the higher side because EVs are expensive. The higher the value of the vehicle, the higher the cost of insurance. When compared to conventional vehicles, car insurance for electric vehicles is expensive. So, do consider the higher car insurance cost before opting for an electric car.
6. Brand and Model:
Currently, there is only a handful of EV in the market. So, the choice should not be a difficult task. Hyundai (Kona), Mahindra, Tata Motors, and MG Motor retail eco-friendly vehicles in the world. The options are few, but they belong to different price brackets. So, depending on your budget and requirement, you can choose the right brand and model.
7. Charging Options:
An electric car comes with a wide range of charging options such as fast-charging, standard charging, and slow charging. Fast-chargers are expensive to install, and you can hardly find a few of them in your city. Standard and slow charging technique is feasible and can also be installed at your home.
8. Driving Range:
The driving range is one of the crucial factors while buying an electric vehicle. Don’t rely on the manufacturer’s specified driving range figures. Instead, look for real-life reviews to get an idea about the driving range of the Electric Vehicle in real-world conditions. Typically, an electric vehicle should deliver a driving range of over 100km, which is sufficient for daily drives. The high-end electric vehicle even offers a driving range of over 400km.
9. Maintenance Cost:
Maintenance is one of the important aspects of owning an electric car. Without proper maintenance, the Electric vehicle may not perform efficiently. Normally, electric vehicles are very easy to maintain, as there are fewer moving parts in an electric vehicle. But in case of a breakdown, the repair bills can cost dearly.
10. Practical Usability:
An electric vehicle is not a practical vehicle, especially in a country like Nepal, India, etc. It all boils down to your requirements. How much distance do you drive in a day, and what is the driving range of the electric vehicle?
Model Of Tata Tigor EV
The TATA TIGOR EV is a completely electric, zero-emission ‘StyleBack’ sedan or sedan chair that showcases a stunning, break-free, and revolutionary design. With its futuristic design, sensuous proportions, and versatile platform, the car is ideally suited to transform into an electric vehicle. Tata Tigor EV is launching soon in Nepal. Sipradi Trading Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of Tata vehicles in Nepal, is preparing to add yet another EV to its portfolio.
Like the Nexon EV, the Tigor EV will borrow elements from its out-going Tigor. However, the Tigor EV comes with an Electric Motor rather than a Petrol engine.
As for the pricing, the Tata Tigor EV price in Nepal starts at Rs. 29.99 Lakhs to Rs. 32.99 Lakhs.
Interestingly enough, Tata Nepal has revealed additional details like variants, colors, and launch date.
Before that, let’s take a quick look at the Tata Tigor EV along with its key specifications.
- Specification of TATA TIGOR EV:
|Motor||Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM)|
|Dimension||3993 x 1677 x 1532 mm|
|Max Power||55 kW (74.7 PS)|
|Max Torque||170 Nm|
|Top Speed||120 Kmph|
|Battery Capacity||26 kWh Li-Ion (IP67 Rating)|
|Charging Time||8 hours and 45 mins (0-80% in 1 hour with Fast Charging)|
|Front Tyre||175/65 R14 – Disc|
|Rear Tyre||175/65 R14 – Drum|
|Safety System||Airbags, ABS, EBD, CSC, HA|
|Suspension Setup||McPherson Strut and Twist Beam with Coil Spring|
|Storage Capacity||316 liters|
|Ground Clearance||170 mm|
|Kerb Weight||1235 kg|
|Colors||Grey and Blue|
Tata Tigor EV Price in Nepal: Rs. 29,99,000 – Rs. 32,99,000
Tata Tigor EV Overview:
- Tata Tigor comes in a contemporary sedan style. It comes with an elongated hood at the front along with a compact bumper at the rear.
- The front section sports a redesigned Tri-Arrow motif front grille with an EV-inspired Humanity line.
- Like the fuel-driven twin, Tigor gets the same striking LED DRLs, Projector Headlamp, stylish Diamond Cut Dual Tone Alloy Wheels, and more.
- Tata Tigor EV is powered by a 55kW Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM). It can generate a max power of 84.7 PS and a max torque of 170 Nm.
- Tigor EV comes with a 26kWh High energy density Li-Ion battery, claiming a range of 306Km. It takes an average of 8 hours and 45 minutes to charge (0% to 80%) from a normal 15A outlet.
3. Additional Details:
- The dimensions are 3993mm in length, 1677mm in width, and 1532mm in height.
- Tata Tigor EV comes with a 172mm ground clearance. Furthermore, the kerb weight stands at 1235 kg.
- Moreover, the boot space sits at 316 liters. Unfortunately, it cannot be extended.
Interesting Features in the Tata Tigor EV:
- 55kW PMSM Electric Motor.
- Liquid Cooled 26kWh Lithium-Ion Battery.
- Ziptron EV Platform.
- Contemporary Sedan Styling.
- EV Inspired Humanity Line with Tri-Arrow Motif Grille.
- Dual Tone Interior and Exterior.
- Projector Headlamp with LED DRLs.
- Crystal Inspired LED Taillamps.
- Spacious and Premium Interior.
- 17.78cm Touch Infotainment System with Android Auto and Apple Car Play.
- 8-Speaker Surround Sound System.
- Digital Instrument Cluster.
- Flat-Bottom Steering Wheel with Mounted Controls.
- Hyper Style Alloy Wheels.
- Automatic Climate Control.
- ABS with EBD and Corner Stability Control.
- Dual Airbags.
- Rear Parking Sensor with Rear Camera.
- Speed Sensitive Auto Door Locking.
- Larger Boot Space.
- Electrically Adjustable Outside Mirrors.
- 4-Star Global NCAP Safety Rating
Tata Tigor EV Price in Nepal and Availability:
- Tata Tigor EV price in Nepal starts at Rs. 29.99 Lakhs to Rs. 32.99 Lakhs.
- Interestingly enough, it is available across three different variants: XE, XM, and XZ+.
If you were interested in Tata Nexon EV, there is still a 6-month waiting period.
|Tata Tigor EV||Variant||Price in Nepal|
|Tata Tigor EV||XE|
|Tata Tigor EV||XM|
|Tata Tigor EV||XZ+|
Taking a step further towards the future of mobility, the TIGOR EV signals Tata Motors’ shift from the use of an internal combustion engine (ICE). The TIGOR EV will have a single-speed, automatic transmission, which will allow customers to seamlessly enjoy the driving experience, maximize efficiency, and improve acceleration.
- Best Upcoming Electric Vehicles In Nepal In 2022
- Relaxation of Tax on Electric Vehicle in Budget 2078/79: Is it a New Frontier for EVs in Nepal?