4 Refreshing Drinks You Can Make At Your Home
Yo! YO! Yo! WaSLRUP people.READY TO GET CHILLED IN THIS SUMMER HEAT.
Summer is here, and the best part about summer is enjoying cold and refreshing drinks and ice creams. I also enjoy trying different cocktails and mocktails. I am not a professional, but I have followed this passion for cooking and making drinks for about five years. So, do you know what I say when the sun comes to drain our energy,
JUST HIT A BUTTON MORTY AND GIVE ME A BEAT
I learned everything by trial and error. During those five years I developed a really good taste pallete on my tongue and a good nose. I am from Dhangadhi, and the temperature sometimes reach to about 48 celcius. I used to drink mint lemonade in a cafe nearby and it used to be so refreshing. It feels like the heat is leaving your body.
During that period, when i was trying different drinks, sometimes i would get a decent one while sometimes it would total waste of money. One day, I decided to read a book called food and beverage making which is taught in Bachelor for Hotel Management. I learned what kind of fruits goes with what kinds of flavor and drinks.
There are lots and lots of ways to make your own refreshing drink for summer. Sometimes it works like a meditation, you get a break from everything and focus on making you a chilled refreshing drink and enjoy the drink for a moment.
Without wasting anymore time lets go to the list and recipes of Four refreshing drinks I myself created or improvised a existing drink.
1. Zingy Vanilla Melon Float
Root beer floats are one of the most recognized summer drinks.
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Costa Bravo Ginger Ale
- Fresh lemon Juice
- Freeze the melon balls for at least three hours until frozen.
- Blend the melon balls into slushie
- To make the drink, put some caramel into the bottom of a glass, then squeeze fresh lemon juice as your taste, pour the melon slushie, top with vanilla ice cream . Drop in as much fresh mint as you’d like (anywhere from a couple leaves to a handful), then top with Ginger ale.
- Taste and add sweetness or sourness per your taste.
2. Virgin Strawberry mimosa
The easiest and quickest 4 ingredient refreshing drink which only takes five minutes to prep. You can also make it into a cocktail by just adding white wine.
- 1 and half cups orange juice
- 1 and half cups pineapple juice
- 1 (250mL) can of Sparkling root beer(optional)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, thinly sliced
- Using a pitcher, mix orange and pineapple juice.
- Pour orange-pineapple mixture into champagne flutes until half full. Fill glasses with Root beer.
- Serve immediately, garnished with strawberries, if desired.
3. Virgin Mojito
The easiest drink I have ever made and one of the most refreshing drink I have had. This drink was also created as non-alcoholic form of mojito. Simple yet amazingly refreshing drink it is.
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Fresh mint leaves
- Plain soda and simple syrup “or”
- Sprite(lemon lime soda)
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice in a pitcher
- Drop-in some lemon jest and mint per your taste and give it a light muddle
- Add Sprite or soda water
- Add sweetness and lemon juice per your taste.
- Put some ice in a glass and pour in the mixture and garnish with a lemon slice and mint leaves.
4. Frozen Apple Margarita
Margarita the famous tequila based cocktail. Replace the tequila and add some sparkling apple juice
- Salt, to serve
- 1 lime, halved
- 2 cups (500ml) Sparkling Apple Juice
- 1 cup (250ml) tequila (optional) to make cocktail.
- 2 tsp finely grated lime rind
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 cups ice cubes
- 4 slices green apple
- Lime zest, to serve
- Place salt
- Unsure of the quantity needed?
- OK, GOT IT on a plate. Run the cut side of the lime around the rims of serving glasses. Dip in the salt to coat.
- Place sparkling apple juice, (“tequila, if using”), lime rind, lime juice and ice in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour on the glasses.
- Garnish with apple slices and lime zest and enjoy.
Stay Refreshed For More Refreshing content so that you can be more Refreshed.
Refreshingly Yours,The Bad Guy